In this 5 week workshop the students are getting the hang of the palette knife and acrylic mediums. I will also cover design elements so their efforts look good.
In the class we are looking at:
- What knives are available
- how to use them to move the paint around efficiently
- producing many textures through layering, scraping etc
- the differences between gel and paste mediums
- understanding heavy and fluid body – how and when to use it.
- layering different mediums and how that affects the last layer.
- transparent colour, opaque, gloss, matte and textured mediums
- drying times
I wish there was some way we could get discounts for the students to try new mediums – they are expensive. Makes my demos expensive too.
Here is a sample of one of my recent abstracts, using the palette knife and gel mediums.
Next week I should have images from the class and some interesting results.